Saturday, June 13, 2020

Day 10 Tulsa Oklahoma


We woke up this morning not knowing if we needed to spend another night or longer in Tulsa. So we decided to head to Tally’s Cafe on Rt 66 for breakfast. We ate here several times last year when we were in Tulsa for the Chili Bowl with our good friends Leo and Jana and their son Danny.  The breakfast was as good as I remembered. We came back to the hotel and booked another night since the dealership still didn’t have the parts.  I actually took a nap waiting to hear if the part arrives. 

I can’t say enough how blessed I feel. I could have crashed in the oil coming out of my bike. All the oil could have drained from my bike and ruined the engine. We could have been broke down in a lonely stretch of Rt 66 or even in the desert of California. The dealership is closed on Sunday and Monday so if the oil pan doesn’t get into today, we are stuck for 3 more days. But instead my oil pan arrives overnight. The amazing dealership of Myers-Duren Harley Davison immediately fixes my bike and washes it for me. I can’t say enough about Mitch and Carita in the service department.  Wade bought gloves and I bought a shirt but honestly if I had more room in my luggage, I would have bought more clothes. 

The dealership washed my bike before I picked it up. I had to laugh at this note on my bike. I can’t express how happy I am to have my bike back. After we picked my bike up we headed to Best Buy.  Wade’s Fitbit quit working. They had an Apple Watch on sale so Wade got a new watch and we headed back to the hotel. 
Due to the heat here, and I mean it’s hot, we are getting up before daylight to head out in the morning. We hope to get our riding in by 2 pm through Oklahoma. Texas, and New Mexico until we get to cooler weather. The High temperatures are forecasted to be anywhere from 92 to 104 degrees through these states. To celebrate we decided to have a margarita.  My prayers tonight will have a lot of thank you’s😊

No comments: