Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Day 21 Salinas to Jackson CA

This morning was chilly when we started our day. I would much sooner have it chilly than hot.  Plus an added benefit is I get to wear my new leather coat when it is chilly. Last night we washed the bikes so it was nice to have a clean bike. The car wash we went to was the dirtiest one ever though so glad we actually got them clean. 

Every night when we unload all the luggage it is amazing how much we can carry on these motorcycles. 

I am still surprised how well our electronics work as well. Wade and I talk to each other through our Sena’s connected through a private mesh. My iPhone is Bluetooth connected to my Harley GPS. My Harley GPS is connected to my Sena through Bluetooth. So I can listen to Sirrius radio on my iPhone that comes through my Sena headset but Wade can’t hear my music. He is listening to different music either through his saved music or Sirrius. Neither of us can hear the other’s music. Nor can he hear my GPS talk to me and I can’t hear his GPS talk to him. His Harley has CarPlay so his connections are a little different than mine but the end result is the same. 
Today we drove about 180 miles. We went to Ione CA which has one of the mine sites that the company Wade retired from owns.  About 20 years ago, I ran around California with Wade and the company geologist, Tony,  looking for a site for a mine. We have spent so much time in this part of California and it was really nice to be back in the foothills of California. We met up with the plant manager and had a great visit. It was nice to see him. By this afternoon the temperature was about 98 degrees so we decided to stay in Jackson where we always stayed when here at the plant. 

No comments: