Friday, June 12, 2020

Day 9 Motorcycle Issues Oklahoma

As noted on my previous post, when we pulled into the hotel last night my bike was leaking a lot of oil. We were halfway between Tulsa and Oklahoma City in Shroud OK. After calling several dealers in Oklahoma City with little success, we called Myers-Duren Harley Davidson in Tulsa and Mitch in service was very helpful. He said he would have a driver pick up my bike after a delivery this morning and have a lift ready to look at it immediately. 


The driver was prompt and had my bike loaded in no time. 
We followed him back to the dealership. I have only rode a few miles as a passenger on Wade’s bike so it was nice to be a passenger. However, I still prefer riding my own bike. 
It didn’t take them long to find the issue. I have a hole in the oil pan in a very odd location. They said they haven’t seen that before. Thankfully it wasn’t in the bottom of the oil pan and I still had some oil in there. They do not have the part in stock. So they are overnighting the part from Harley and hopefully they can get my bike fixed and we’ll be on our way tomorrow. If something happens and the part doesn’t come, they are closed Sunday and Monday. They gave me and our luggage a complimentary Lyft to a Hampton.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for good results.