Thursday, June 11, 2020

Day 8 Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma on Rt 66



Started our day in Springfield MI. It was cool and perfect riding day. 

There are so many antique vehicles, restored garages and hotels on Rte 66. 
Boots Motel- You pull into the garage opening and your hotel door is right next to your car. 

Galena OK- this is the original Tow Mater that the character from cars is based on.

Commerce Oklahoma- the childhood home of Mickey Mantle. 

Claremore Oklahoma- Will Rogers statute 
Tulsa Oklahoma- the temperature has climbed to 90 degrees. 

We pulled into the Hampton in Shroud Oklahoma and after checked in came out to this. Harley dealer in Tulsa is picking up my bike in the morning.  My bike is a 2019 and I had my 5,000 mile service done the day before we left. Only had 4,000 miles on my bike so got it done a little early. Hoping it’s nothing major. 
Glad we could walk from the hotel for a couple of these amazing margaritas. Definitely helped with my stress level. We had a really good day until this setback. 

No comments: